Plant-based diet - Day I
No news I’m a vegetarian. And my diet is mostly base on plants, but I also eat cheese (goat), eggs and fish from time to time.
So yes, I eat healthy and clean, but it’ always fun to start a program and keep a certain diet. At least I find it fun, it makes me anxious about what I have to eat today, how I feel during the diet and what results I get.
So I read this article about the whole-food plant-based diet in Harper’s Bazaar US and the benefits from it (less bloat, better digestion, more energy, thiner you) and I decided to keep it. To be honest after reading the “menu” of this diet I couldn’t wait to try it!
And I’m sure you will all feel the same, that’s why I decided to post the dishes for the day + photos. The recipes are a bit modified from the article, according to the ingredients I found, but I kept most of them.
Breakfast: all-greens shake
How to: mix spinach, cucumber, green apple (half), parsley and celery (add half of avocado to make it creamy)
Lunch: Mung beans and vegetables stick
Try: I ordered this dishes from Barca (vegan restaurant)
Dinner: stuffed red peppers
How-to: char peppers over an open flame until skins are black. Peel (i didn't and were perfect too) halve and de-seed. Fill with cooked quinoa, walnuts, parsley (I added lemon juice, a bit of peppers and chili to the stuffing mixture). Bake for 15 min at 180 C. Ad some fresh mint on top.
Guilt-free snack (please only one per day:) : psyllium pudding (made with almond milk and cinnamon) - ordered from Barca
don't stop reading ...
- Plant-based diet - Day II // added in fit on 12.06.2014
- Home-made almond milk // added in fit on 21.02.2014
- Nothing BEATS the BEET // added in fit on 16.01.2014
- W by World Class is LIVE // added in fit on 18.12.2013
- BURGERS CAN BE HEALTHY // added in fit on 14.11.2013
- Living the kind life // added in fit on 13.11.2013
- COVER SHOOT - BTS // added in fit on 08.10.2013
- My first triathlon // added in fit on 04.09.2013
- New dishes // added in fit on 19.05.2013